safety in and beyond the edge of the pool
The Poolife® brand is committed to your safety in and beyond the edge of the pool. While no website can take the place of common sense and precaution, we recommend following these guidelines to help you and your family safely enjoy your pool. If you have any questions about how to handle pool chemical products, call our experts at 1-866-476-6538.
Pool Product Safety
Pool chemicals can be harmful if the proper care is not taken. Contamination or improper use of these chemicals may cause a fire, explosion or the release of toxic gases. Read and follow all labels correctly.
- Wear safety equipment when handling chemicals including gloves, goggles, long sleeves and pants.
- Store your chemicals in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
- Keep your chemicals tightly covered when not in use.
- Store liquids upright.
- Read product labels and follow directions when adding chemicals to your pool.
- Add pool chemicals directly to your pool.
- Isolate spilled chemicals and read and follow directions for cleanup and disposal.
- Completely use up the product before disposing of the container.
- Thoroughly clean and dry product containers prior to disposal.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
- Allow pool chemicals to come into contact with your skin, eyes or mouth.
- Inhale or ingest pool chemicals.
- Store chemicals in a place where they can be accessed by children or pets.
- Store chemicals in a place where they can be contaminated by any other material. They can react with other materials, including other pool chemicals, to cause a fire, explosion, or release of toxic gases.
- Add water to pool chemicals or expose them to small amounts of water. They can react violently to product heat and toxic gases.
- Mix different chemicals to allow pool chemicals to move into contact with other pool chemicals or any other materials.
- Pre-mix or pre-dissolve pool chemicals before adding them to your pool.
- Smoke, grill or allow any open flame near stored chemicals.
- Put spilled product back into container, doing so will contaminate the rest of the product.
- Dispose of product container without reading product label for directions.
- Dispose of spilled product by pouring into trash or drain.