safety in and beyond the edge of the pool
The Poolife® brand is committed to your safety in and beyond the edge of the pool. While no website can take the place of common sense and precaution, we recommend following these guidelines to help you and your family safely enjoy your pool. If you have any questions about how to handle pool chemical products, call our experts at 1-866-476-6538.
Pool Product Safety
Pool chemicals can be harmful if the proper care is not taken. Contamination or improper use of these chemicals may cause a fire, explosion or the release of toxic gases. Read and follow all labels correctly.
- Wear safety equipment when handling chemicals including gloves, goggles, long sleeves and pants.
- Store your chemicals in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
- Keep your chemicals tightly covered when not in use.
- Store liquids upright.
- Read product labels and follow directions when adding chemicals to your pool.
- Add pool chemicals directly to your pool.
- Isolate spilled chemicals and read and follow directions for cleanup and disposal.
- Completely use up the product before disposing of the container.
- Thoroughly clean and dry product containers prior to disposal.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after handling chemicals.
- Allow pool chemicals to come into contact with your skin, eyes or mouth.
- Inhale or ingest pool chemicals.
- Store chemicals in a place where they can be accessed by children or pets.
- Store chemicals in a place where they can be contaminated by any other material. They can react with other materials, including other pool chemicals, to cause a fire, explosion, or release of toxic gases.
- Add water to pool chemicals or expose them to small amounts of water. They can react violently to product heat and toxic gases.
- Mix different chemicals to allow pool chemicals to move into contact with other pool chemicals or any other materials.
- Pre-mix or pre-dissolve pool chemicals before adding them to your pool.
- Smoke, grill or allow any open flame near stored chemicals.
- Put spilled product back into container, doing so will contaminate the rest of the product.
- Dispose of product container without reading product label for directions.
- Dispose of spilled product by pouring into trash or drain.
Exceptional Pool Chemical Safety with Poolife™
Your Family’s Safety Is Our Priority
When it comes to pool maintenance, pool chemical safety is not just important, it’s necessary! And not just for you, but for your entire family. Poolife™ understands the importance of keeping your family safe and providing top-notch pool chemical safety tips!
The Crucial Role of Pool Chemicals
Get to know the significant role that pool chemicals play in maintaining your pool’s hygiene. Our pool chlorine and shocks are essential in keeping your pool water clean, bacteria-free, and free of any potential contamination.
Guard Against Harmful Bacteria and Viruses
Without careful handling, harmful bacteria can easily take residence in your pool. Moreover, certain viruses may survive in the water, leading to potentially dangerous conditions. Regular introduction of chlorine into your pool water can control these microorganisms effectively, so you can get back to living your best Poolife!
Essential Pool Chemical Safety Tips
While necessary for keeping your pool clean, handling these chemicals still requires a great deal of caution. For instance, add granular products directly into pool water. Do not premix any pool chemicals unless specifically directed to by the product label.
Make it a point to handle these chemicals in a well-lit, preferably outdoor, area. This simple precaution can help avoid unnecessary mishaps like chemical spills. Following essential pool chemical safety tips can reduce the risk of such accidents and will keep your family and friends safe.
Keeping Your Loved Ones Safe
While handling pool chemicals, keeping children at a safe distance is imperative. Once done, remember to store the chemicals in a sealed container and out of children’s reach. Pool chemical handling should always be an adult-only task!
It’s always wise to read the labels on the pool chemical packaging. Poolife always recommends wearing gloves and eye protection. Ensuring you follow this advice can help avoid any potential irritation to your eyes or skin from the chemicals being used.
Choosing Safety & Quality with Us
Choose high-quality pool products that prioritize your safety. Find the Poolife location closest to you and safeguard your family with our commitment to pool chemical safety using our insightful pool chemical safety tips today!