dealing with flooding and storms
If your pool gets flooded and filled with rain water and debris during a storm, it is important to get the pool checked out by a local pool professional for any damage to the pool structure and/or equipment. If there was no structural damage to the pool and the equipment is operational, please follow these steps to get the pool restarted and balanced:
- Physically remove as much debris from the pool as possible with a leaf net.
- Lower the water level to the proper operational level (halfway up the skimmer).
- Start the pump and filter and run 24/7.
- Add a double dose of Poolife® TurboShock® shock treatment directly to the pool (2 lbs. per 10,000 gallons).
- Vacuum any debris or sediment from the pool.
- Clean and backwash the filter as needed to maintain good circulation.
- Once the pool is clear and clean, take a water sample to your local authorized Poolife® Dealer for a complete analysis. There is a good chance many of the balances will need to be adjusted due to the dilution of the pool water from the flood waters. These include the Poolife® Total Alkalinity, pH, Calcium Hardness and Stabilizer.
- Once the water is balanced, continue your normal pool operations and weekly 3 step Poolife® program.
For all of the pool care advice we offer here, please keep in mind that your professional Poolife® dealer is best qualified to help you address any pool care concerns.